E Mail

I can be reached at Riplon@aol.com

Total Pageviews

Translate


"A birth certificate shows you were born. A death certificate shows you died. A completed scrapbook shows you lived!!!!!"



Click on Blog Photos to view them FULL SCREEN or to view a "slideshow" of images only.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dear Mr. President

Dear Mr President
Dear President Obama

I am a Tea Party believer. I find it exceedingly disconcerting that your interpretation of and reaction to my concerns is "amusement." You have stated that I should be "thanking you" for the tax cut you have given me. Mr President, the tax cut you believe justifies my thanks is roughly $12.78 per week. That doesn't even buy 5 gallons of gasoline so I can continue to look for work. Thanks isn't the first thing that comes to mind, but if it makes you feel better.....thanks.

I did not vote for you, but I secretly had high hopes that if elected, you would actually come through on your promises to cease "politics as usual." I wanted to believe that your claims of transparency and bipartisanship. If you had stayed on message with your actions, the tea party would not have reason to exist!

On February 23, 2009 you told us that you would cut the deficit in half by 2012. Instead, you have more than tripled it. At that time debt was roughly 4 trillion dollars. One year in office and it is nearing 13 trillion dollars. Today our annual interest payment eats up every dollar of income tax paid by everyone living west of the Mississippi River! To quote that sweet little old lady from the Wendy's commercial, "Where's the BEEF?"

(As of 1 April 2010, the Treasury Department spent so far this year $202 Billion of our money on interest payments to the holders of the National Debt. Compare that to NASA at $19 Billion, Education at $53 Billion, and Department of Transportation at $73 Billion)

Unless substantial reforms are made soon, when my generation begins to retire and collect old age federal entitlements, the debt will explode. The majority our taxes will go to nothing but interest. Moreover, at today's taxation levels, every dollar that is collected will be gobbled up by entitlements and interest alone. Massive tax increases will be required just to pay for national security and non-entitlement programs Our children and grandchildren will be left with the bill for our excesses. This is why Tea Partiers are not amused as you are!


I could understand if you were now saying, "This is harder than I expected. This is more complex than I anticipated. I am doing the best I can with the realities as they unfold, or I am open to new ideas." You are not telling me this. You are telling me that "I AMUSE YOU?"

It seems to me that you have become the most divisive leader the country has ever had. It seems to me that you have tunnel vision seeing only your social agenda, without even the slightest concern of the real costs. It seems to me that your campaign promises were knowingly and completely disingenuous.

It saddens me that you have no respect for your promises, the office you hold or the responsibility it has to us, the citizens of the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment