E Mail

I can be reached at Riplon@aol.com

Total Pageviews

Translate


"A birth certificate shows you were born. A death certificate shows you died. A completed scrapbook shows you lived!!!!!"



Click on Blog Photos to view them FULL SCREEN or to view a "slideshow" of images only.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Balcony Gardening etc

     A few years ago, when I started coming to Monaco more regularly I noticed that the plants and flowers on the balcony were very unhappy! Dad was on an extended cruise on The Crystal Serenity at the time .  I took Ann to Italy and we began to buy plants.  We also had a fountain that long ago ceased to be a fountain and became a statue.  Well, no secret I get a bit carried away when it comes to plants and my "personal environment."

     I repaired the fountain and began planting. Since then, I have found a nursery I LOVE on the road to Carros (where the fameous French strawberries come from) and Dinge, France.


    Well, given my proclivity to maybe get a bit carried away, we now have vegetables and greenery on our balconies with a working fountain.  (I wanted to either fill the fountain with wine, (after making it a closed system) or wine colored water.  Another of my great (ya right) IDEAS SHOT DOWN!


The Fountain....
    For over three years, I have been trying everything to create the sound of a brook with the fountain.  I have been able to duplicate the sound of;  filling a  kitchen sink, water overflowing from a commode onto a tile floor, a broken fire hydrant, etc....never quite what I was looking for.  I have finally created the correct audio...  The means, how ever are not the aesthetics I was hoping for...

Tupperware and broken clay pots!  THE MEANS JUSTIFY THE END?  Perhaps.... in this case. Stay tuned, I have an idea that may "save" the aura of CORNICOPIA!


When I bought this plant in Ventimiglia, it fir in the back seat!

NOW WE SIT ON THE BALCONY AND WATCH SIGHTS LIKE THIS....

TO BE CONTINUED....

No comments:

Post a Comment