E Mail

I can be reached at Riplon@aol.com

Total Pageviews

Translate


"A birth certificate shows you were born. A death certificate shows you died. A completed scrapbook shows you lived!!!!!"



Click on Blog Photos to view them FULL SCREEN or to view a "slideshow" of images only.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Muzeum Gastronomie



Funny thing about being grateful ~ it seems to be the gift that keeps on giving. Maybe it's Karma... Grey, rainy day today which David Orel tells me is fairly common here in Prague.into the cave. I decided to grab an umbrella and just wander. Well, incredible found me again! I took a left on what seemed to be a nondescript little alley and ~ right in front of me is The Muzeum Gastronomie. I enter and discover this is the history of food from the earliest of time, when, fire, when found was taken At first it was for heat only. Their diets consisted of fruits, berries and insects ~ no cooking necessary! As I walk thru "time" the young lady guide and I began talking and I mentioned my cousin Jenifer Lang and her knowledge and love of things "food." I mentioned her involvement with the French cookbook Larousse Gastronomique, her being the first female Chef @ 21 in NYC and out of the little office, out comes Ladislav Provaan ~ curator of this museum! Over the next 2 hours I was fortunate to be guided by a man that truly loves everything "food and its History." His love of the subject literally gushed as he discussed everything from The French Revolution and the very first Michelin guide to current trends in preparation and presentation. Simply Amazing and incredibly enjoyable. ‪#‎grateful‬.














Original table setting from Hotel d Paris, 1920-1943

No comments:

Post a Comment